Sunday, December 21, 2014

Spy vs Spy (3)

Well, what do you know . . . Conner did something clever.  This was after having done something stupid, of course.

J took him to Allagante for an Xmas party.  Thank goodness she did not make me go (-Opa! told me the details-).  It was pouring rain so the ground & grass would have been wet (ick); plus there'd have been lots of strange dogs milling about.  Opa! enjoys that - but I often find it tedious, especially if adolescent boys get too sniffy.  The Sanders do leave out a box of treats - free for the taking - but still . . . there's a lot to put up with.
Of course, when we get to go play outside, it's a completely different story.  I get to chase the lure.  Some people, who know me only for my brains, are surprised to see how fast I am.  My early speed out of the box is impressive, but J won't let me race because I sometimes get irritated if some dog even faster catches me from behind.
Sorry, I got off track.

Anyway, J drove out with Opa!, and my Rob brought Conner out later.  Conner puked in the car (snort).  Rob had had him in his lap & had to dry off with a hair dryer.  It serves him right, the traitor.  I'm usually the only dog Rob lets ride in his Mini.
Everyone ooh'd & ahh'd about how cute Conner is (big deal, all puppies look cute even if annoying).  Then he started running about & paused to pee on the entry mat.  HAH!!
J put him in one of 2 runs off the covered patio while she went in to clean off the mat.  That's when he did something clever.  The 2 runs are separated by a shed with 2 interior compartments, and somehow he got from one side to the other.  Apparently this has not happened before.  J peered into the shed from both sides, but she could not see where he went through.

Very interesting.  There may be some hope for this wannabe spy.  I'll have to check out that shed next time I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment