Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oval Racing to end SF

Today was the last day of SF2014.  Sigh.  That means we get to go home, which is good . . . but that Greyhound puppy can be SO annoying.  Staying at the hotel has been very relaxing - and J has a small grass area x-penned off from the sliding door.  It's small but works; at least as long as we get out to race or lure course during the day.  I guess I'd get bored with the traveling life.

I do not get to oval race.  Officials are not amused when I cut across field or run backwards from the finish.  they lack imagination.  However, today J & Aaron (the lure Op) just let me run.  I heard J tell Aaron just to run it around - no matter what I did.  J said that has given up on "training runs" & said she just wanted me to burn off some energy.  Smart girl, that J.

I started to run around, then stopped & ducked under the tape -- despite J's comments, Aaron tried to lure me forward - but I just cut into mid field.  I tossed in a few stalks & downs for the crowd & then chased the lure home (from mid-field).  FUN.
They let Opa! run, too.  She just ran in an oval.  Boring.

Oh.  You want to know the results?  Garis won: what else is new? hah.  Opa!'s bro got Best FTE - but I think he was the  only one.  Whatever

and that wrapped up SF2014 - it was a bit of an anticlimax.  J did a count & gave the remaining Orca toys to as many dogs that finished as she had Orcas remaining.  That was nice.  Yesterday, I let her give mine to Aaron.  He does a nice job with the controls; it keeps things interesting.

This should be my last post, but we'll see.  There will be at least ONE more.

4 comments:

  1. What do ya mean smart ass bitch? Garis won what else is new? Hummmm, makes it sound so ho hum, he had some bad ass competition from the east miss smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, whatever. Yes, there was tough competition, but it's still stupid to run in a circle when you KNOW the lure is making the same circle every time . . . or - if you are Garis - you run around the circle even without the lure. I don't even know what to say about that foolishness. Silly boy. Hmph. (note from J: please remember that I only type what Gita instructs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garis says Gita, try it you might like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll think about it - that is what I do best. (Think)

      Delete