Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SF officially over until 2015

Yesterday marked the end of Silkenfest for 2014.

I think everyone had a good time, and we got to meet Silkens & people from all over the country as well as a few Brits & Canadians.  Next year Silkenfest will be in Florida.  I've never been there, but I hear that the beaches are long, the water is warm, and the sand is white.
Hopefully, J is keeping her eye on the calendar.  It would be a long drive, but I'll try to talk her into it.  I doubt she'd take me if flying.  Bitch.  Of course, by that comment I just mean she'd take the intact bitch if only taking one dog (ignore the slight snarl in my tone), and just one dog would be likely if flying.

Sigh.  What can you do?  I won more than Opa! at this SF.

J does really want to go to SF in 2015.  The actual bronze BadAss Trophy should be completed in a couple weeks, and she wants to be there to present it.

Maybe Opa! will get her act together & win it - but I doubt it.  Just look at her:  lying on the sofa like a limp noodle or rag doll.  Oh, poor Opa!.  It's so hard to be her.  Yada, yada, yada.
How long does this heat thing go on? (I am spayed & don't remember).  It's only day one, & she is already on my nerves.

Anyway - I guess this wraps up my blog for 2014.  I tried to blog weekly between the past Silkenfests, but my heart just wasn't into it.  Maybe I'll change my mind once the lure coursing season picks up if J drives up to interesting places.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that Silkenfest is over. Wanna know why? Because it means you're hanging up your keyboard! The very best part of SF last year and this year is being able to read your blog. Your commentary has just the right degree of bitchiness....er....I mean edginess to keep us all smiling and snarking right along with you! Cher thought your comments about her "wet noodle" sister were absolutely hilarious (easy for her to laugh though....she hasn't come into heat yet!).

    Tell J she really has to plan to drive to SF in Florida in 2015. Willow and Cher are planning on driving down and are hoping for a chance to not only say "Hi" to the noodle, but they've both heard what a celebrity you are and they want to get your "pawtograph." Is that against any Superspy rules?

    Please tell J you want to go coursing again soon. Maybe that way she'll let you come out of semi-retirement and write again soon. All the best Gita, and tell the "noodle" we all hope she feels better soon!

    Lisa, Willow and Cher (who's still giggling over her sister, the "noodle")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure - how this reply function works - perhaps J should have posted my reply through this box rather than as another comment . . . anyway, there is a comment out there.

      Delete
  2. Ok, one last comment.
    If planning to drive to FL, J will have to make it a GRAND EXCURSION with off-leash stops & sight seeing, or we'll all be out of shape & ready to kill each other by the time we arrive. She'd best start trying to recruit for Team Ivan now - or suck it up & buy plane tickets for both Opa! & I. I flew to Oregon from Colorado as a pup & managed to survive, I bet I could do it as a grown-up, too. Duh.

    Of course, if you look at Opa! now, it's hard to imagine her surviving any challenge. Oh, the DRAMA. Seriously, she's picking at raw meat like it could have imbedded razors or be poison. That might be an option if she acts this way for the WHOLE cycle. Hmm . . . no, I wouldn't do that.

    Finally, although J has used the song "Secret Agent Man" & Bond tunes in my videos, I am not really a Secret Agent - that is my persona, a character I play in my movies. I can give "pawtographs".

    In the other hand (or paw), I really am a SmartAss Bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had hoped to greet all my fans, but J was a bit distracted & emotional this year. If we make it to SF2015, I'll need to remind her that she is supposed to be my publicist & has to get her act together.

    ReplyDelete