Sunday, July 22, 2012

Human Grandma's visit & parties

Oops.  I forgot to post last weekend.  Sorry.
Honestly, though, nothing really happened.  J & Rob did take us to an off leash area on Sunday, but it wasn't the field we usually go to & none of our Sighthound friends were there.
This week J's mom, Genia, arrived on Wednesday.  This is good; she is an easy mark for treats.  Luka is not even very afraid of her (Luka is afraid of almost everybody).  Of course, Luka has known her for about 9 years now.  It takes Luka time to warm up to people.  Genia also really likes Appley.  Perhaps she has a soft spot for the more timid souls.
J had parties on both friday & sunday.  Friday was neighbors & a few other friends; sunday was her work colleagues.  The people sat on the patio, and J set up some x-pens to extend our yard so that we could watch the people.  Unfortunately, I could not reach the tables; their food smelled enticing.  Today some of the CRNAs that work with J brought their children.  These are small, clumsy humans with smaller vocabularies; kind of like puppies.  Big & small people all seemed most impressed by Mintz; there is no accounting for taste.  He is huge & excessively friendly; I guess that's appealling.  OK, he is handsome, too, but he could show a little restraint.
We also got to go to the "Greyhound Playgroup" today.  There used to be only Greyhounds, but now the Greys are outnumbered by other sighthounds.  Minnie (Grey) and Thor (Whippet) were the only other dogs today - not counting the lab who lives nearby.  I really like Thor; he is just about my size.  Mintz was enchanted with Minnie.  He thought she was pretty hot.  Bados & I played & fought & raced about.  Thor joined in the racing bit.  Between  this & the parties, I am exhausted.
In the future, I think I will write on Mondays.  On weekends that we go to events, J gets tired & doesn't want to help me blog.  I can't really do her without her as I can't type.  No opposable thumbs.
Anyway:  Mondays for the blog from now on.  I'll remind you next weekend after we get m=back from coursing at Roy.  That should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment