Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm a Champion!

Finally, J will transcribe for me so that I can blog!  Have I told you yet that I am a Champion as well as being a Super Spy & Superstar?

The weekend was very busy and managed to alternate between boring & exciting.  J drove Appley, Bados, Mintz, & I to the UKC Washington Classic.  The plan had been to leave early Saturday, but J learned that our group was to be 1st in the ring after Jr Handlers.  We would have had to leave by 5:30 & have no traffic to be sure not to miss it.  This meant we left Portland Friday after J got off work & after rush hour.
We did not reach Hotel Stetson until after 10pm.  OK, it is not a hotel.  This is where Lego, Patty, & Maggie live with Iola Stetson, a few Irish Terriers, a German Shepard, a Miniature horse, a pony, a donkey or 2, and some chickens.  It is loads of fun to stay there & play in the yard, but J made us go inside pretty quickly.  Mintz could hear Iola & Lego still up & made a fuss whining until J let him go check it out (he & Lego are buddys).  Nothing was really going on & finally the 75 lb baby agreed to come back & go to bed.

Saturday morning we were up early & off to Argus Ranch.  In addition to our pack & Iola's three, Tootsie, River, Breezy, and Superman were there with Jane Taylor; Sky & Hillevi were there with Karen Sanders.  Meg, Demi, Jarreau, and Kali were there with Claudia Cullison & Julie Lechuga, but they did not show until Sunday as their owners had to work ringside.  On Sunday Poppy, Summer, and a new girl, Sasha (or Pasha?) were there with Teri Campell & her friend Ed.  We missed Teddy, but he has hurt a toe & is being forced to rest.

I will not pretend that I can remember all the details of who won what.  I think that with the 4 shows, Hillevi, Tootsie, & Bados (my BadAss housemate) all won a Best of Breed.  Tootsie probably 2; she is like that.  Toosie & Hillevi also won Best in Group on Saturday, but neither won BIS.
Bados lost Group to a Pharaoh Hound on Sunday, and that dog didn't stay for the BIS competition.   Too bad Bados couldn't stand in for him.  Isn't that what 1st runner up in the Miss America Pageant is supposed to do if something happens to Miss America?  Oh, well, it doesn't matter:  Bados is already feeling awfully proud of himself because he managed to win all 4 champion classes and earn his UKC Grand Champion title.  Maybe I am proud of him, too.

Now, the Altered classes were pretty exciting & kept J very busy.  Appley was in Adult male; I was in Adult Female: then she would have Karen Sanders show me for Best of Winners while J handled Appley.  Then J would run get Mintz for Altered Adult Male Greyhound.  As he was the only Greyhound she would then get someone to show either him or a Silken for Best in Group.  I beat Appley 3 out of 4 times.  In group I always finished over Mintz, plus 2 out of 3 times I also beat the handsome Pharaoh hound.  Which put me in for Altered BEST in SHOW twice, which I WON TWICE!!  All those wins made me an Altered Champion!  I may be the first female Silken Altered Ch.  Rio was the 1st male, but I cannot remember if another bitch has done this yet.

I should mention Mintz again.  The big lure crazy, klutz has no clue what to do in the ring.  He kept looking out across the large field for things to chase; he couldn't figure out why he had to trot around so slow and why the ring was so small.  He just wanted to keep going & go faster.  Anything outside the ring was more interesting, and yet somehow he managed to WIN GROUP (over Appley & a Pharaoh) & Altered BEST in SHOW for the last show.  J is so proud, but he is clueless.
This is bad news for Appley, who HATES showing.  With no other Altered Greys competing, Mintz will need to win Group to get his wins against competition.  With this taste of victory, J will probably drag Appley out to be Mintz's competition.  It could be a toss up who gets a Championship 1st between Appley's cowering from the judge & Mintz's trying to charge out of the ring.  I'll get to watch the entertainment from the sidelines. : )

So long until next weekend & NWFEST.




No comments:

Post a Comment