Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fear of Death & Fun with Cupcakes

Well, J completely let me down last weekend.  True she worked overnight both Friday & Sunday, but she could have typed for me on Monday.  She just whined that she was too tired.  Fine.  Doesn't she realize that I have my image to maintain?

Being tired did not stop her from taking Luka to the vet.  Luka would not eat Monday morning.  J even mixed raw meat in with her kibble & canned food  mixture:  no good.  OMG, it smelled marvelous, but J would not let us have any.  Owoo. : (
J got all panicky that Luka was going to die soon - that maybe this was the sarcoma becoming active again.   Unfortunately, it is true that her time with us is limited, but really she is doing amazingly well.  Shoot our Gandhi died within a week of his osteosarcoma diagnosis, I think.   Anyway, after a trip to the vet followed by lab work & a urine analysis, they put Luka on 2 different antibiotics.  She's eating again, but she is not 100%.  She limps a a bit in that bad front leg again, and her rear legs are getting weak.  She slipped trying to jump into I-van this morning.  Of course, J was upset again, but Luka got over it fast.

Except for that incident, we had fun at the "Sighthound Sundays" playgroup this morning.  Greyhounds Charlie & Minnie were there with their people & other sighthound family members.  Thor the Whippet came with Minnie. I like to play with Thor; he is just my size.  Charlie's Irish Wolfhound 'siblings' were there, too: Ferguson & Slevin (likely misspelled).  It was weird for Eleanor not to be with them.  She had been just a few months older than me but died during surgery earlier this year.  She got malignant hyperthermia. That's very scary; it could happen to any of us.

Wow, there is way too much death in this note.  I will change topics.

This afternoon J took Mintz & Bados out to a party in the country.  I don't know why she didn't pick me to go.  In my absence, though, Mintz pulled a neat trick I showed him.  J doesn't always latch the gate into the front seat well and if you nuzzle the handle it can be opened!  She was walking Bados to introduce him to a puppy at this farm, but had left her carrot cupcakes in the front seat.  Oops. ; )
She did not realize that I had been training Mintz.  No more carrot cupcakes.  He made a big mess, though, which is poor form.   There are icing foot prints all over the floor & driver's seat.  It is better to have the cupcakes just 'disappear'; this confuses people more.

No comments:

Post a Comment