Sunday, September 30, 2012

Roy Racing & Not

Well, I am pissed.  My weekend was definitely short changed.
There was racing at Roy.  Straight yesterday and Oval today.  Did I go????  NO.
Ok, yesterday I got to go . . . but not today.  AND we were in the little Audi, not in Ivan the InPhenite Sprinter.  That is definitely 2nd class transportation.  Even with just Bados & I, we are cramped in the back seat.  Also we do not get the x-pen 'yard' to stretch out in.  It's just not the same.

J did get annoyed at me yesterday, too.  During my 2nd practice run, I was just sure that it was going to turn.  We have only ever coursed in this field before . . . I stopped, planning to stalk, but J ran up behind to leash me.  I was having none of that & trotted forward every time she got close - and as the lure would start to move again.  Finally I determined that there really were no turns (BORING!) & ran forward to kill the lure.  That's always fun.  I love to shake it & carry it it around.   Oh, well.  J was annoyed today & would not let me 'practice' again.

Bados raced & came in 5th for Straight racing.  J was disappointed.  It had to do with which races dogs were in & the point system.   It's not like anything was done incorrectly, but the point system in combination with the 'wave' did not favor him.

Today was worse.  He had a good shot at earning the last FRACTION of a point that he needs for an Oval Championship, but he had a small pad injury after the 1st race & also seemed to favor the opposite front foot.  They came home after that race.  She is bummed; Bados doesn't understand why they couldn't stay (he wanted to keep running), blah, blah, blah.  Winning is not everything.  There is something to be said for style . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment