Monday, March 20, 2023

SF2023: Update from ‘off-field’



I missed a day after PipPip Hooray!.   This was good and bad.  Bad because I missed a day - and it was Lure Coursing - a past favorite of mine, but good as it was a horribly rainy & windy day - which I got to enjoy indoors.  Hah!
Crema wasn’t feeling well - GI upset - so Judi (J’s co-pilot) stayed home with her, Opa!, & me.  I appreciated that far more than being cooped up in the van.  
Spec got either NBQ or 6th in the Open Stakes. - not bad as it was a BIG Stakes & all scores were pretty close.  The Field Ch Stakes wasn’t as big, but the scores were also super close - Possum, Phyn, & Conner all tied for 6th - and NOT last.
The winner was our friend, Guinness!.  I was told that he & his sister Mysti had a beautiful BOB run-off with Sienna.  The litter mates ran in synch, & it had been hard to guess the winner.
Today was LGRA.  I spent the day with Rob instead of joining them. Unlike yesterday it was a nice day.  A hound named  Ollie won; followed by so many of our pals that I made J just attach a photo of the finish.  Spec ran best for us.  Conner brought home Best Veteran; that was a shocker.

Tomorrow is the last day.  All the boys are still in competition for that Pentathlon Prize - as well as Triathlon & Iron Hound but they don’t have a shot at those 2 (just sayin’).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment