Saturday, May 26, 2012

ASFA II, day 1

Well, today was MUCH better than the last 2.  We did not spend the whole day driving.

After arriving at the coursing fields, we located Bados.  I admit I had missed him a little.  The big goof.  He was so enthusiastic to see us.  Also, Ziggy's new owner collected him.  It's a shame Ziggy won't be traveling further with us; he had been a good travel companion.

The 1st highlight of the day was getting to see Bobbie & her family again.  They looked great.  J was excited to meet her in person.

The coursing field was very large, but there were lots of burs in the grass to catch on our feet.  I think everyone must have got stuck at some point.  Mini may get the award for most burs.
It was also REALLY WINDY again.  J had extended the awning, but had to put it away for fear it would be ripped off its hinges.

Despite those downsides, there were lots of good runs, but I missed most of them as I had to wait in Ivan - so i will let someone else give the play by play.  I can say that in Open the top order of finish was 1st Dior (Hicks/Sanders), then Kamiah (Koski)-Garis (Koski) -Bados (Vookles, of course) -Sahara (Hicks/Sanders).  Mini won Field Ch, and Hillevi won Veteran.   Dior won Best of Breed for the day, but hurt a foot pad at the finish.  I hope this doesn't keep him from coursing tomorrow.

At the awards Mike Leach presented Bados with an award for being #1 Silken  with ASFA last year.  That's cool, but he had better not get smug about it

It looked like SO much fun out there.  This put a sour note on the day.   Everybody got to course but me.  Grr. No fair.  I mean I understand there is no Singles Competition at this event, but you think they might have wanted me to do an exhibition run or something.  I mean,  I am a little bit of a celebrity.

While transcribing, J is humming the theme to the Spy Who Loved Me:  "nobody does it better, makes me feel bad for the rest, nobody does it quite the way you do; Baby, you're the best".
What can I say  . . . it's so true.


No comments:

Post a Comment