Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gettysburg

Today we woke up latish in a crowded hotel room:  3 people & us 5 Silkens on 2 full beds.  Definitely not queen size.  I got to cuddle between J & Lydia which was a good spot.  Bados had been along the side & kept jumping off & up again when he felt like he might fall off.  Rio seemed to manage OK near Lydia's feet.  Barb got the other bed with Mini & Gilbert.

We drove into Gettysburg past some battle fields & a cemetery around lunch time.  The town is older & cute.  Many of the buildings were built before the civil war or not long after.  There were not many other dogs around.  Passers by were very curious about us; some teens wanted to pet everyone (the dogs, not the people).
Barb found a restaurant that allowed us to join them on the patio for lunch.  The server brought us some water without our having to ask; she was very nice.  Barb ordered us some hamburger that J let us eat it.  3 people from another table stopped for a while to talk.  They have a lurcher (black & tan coon hound with Saluki), but had not heard that description before.  More nice people, cute photos of the dog.

Back at the hotel J was able to check into our room; we were able to get the room adjoining the room that Barb had gotten upon arrival.  That's cool, it keeps our pack together.  We also went to the Hospitality Desk to check in.  A few of my fans were there & wanted to pet me.  I let them.

Jolene had said we could join the big group for dinner back in town, but J said this was not accurate - only service dogs could come.  Sahara got to go & another dog, but not a Super-Star-Super-Spy??  Fine.  Be that way.
Apparently there were lots of interesting people there.  Mike & Kathy L., Loretta I., Gloria, Vicki, Jerri, Pam, both Cindy & Cyndi from CA, Jolene, a soon-to-be-owner Andrew, Barb, Lydia, J, and even Francie & Chuck Stull.  I apologize if I missed any names, but I wasn't there, was I? Hrumpf.  The people seem to have had a great time.  I gave J the cold shoulder when she got back; served her right.

We went for an evening walk and ended up back at the Hospitality Table.  I was miffed about not being invited to dinner and admit to being a bit snarky.  I barked at a Silken I didn't know & a Husky-type.  This got Bados worked up, too, and got him in trouble with J.  (teehee, He is sooo easy to manipulate).  I was snippy with another Silken, too.  At 1st I had thought it was Lego (I was expecting him), but it wasn't.  Perhaps I over reacted; J made us go back to the room.  Oh, well.  If I had gotten to go to dinner . . .
Later we did find Lego as well as Tootsie.  Jane & Iola had flown in with them this evening.  It's good to see some dogs I already know.

Tomorrow J plans to take Bados to health testing & to handling class.  This probably means I have to stay in the hotel room by myself a lot.  That's way too boring.  I'll have to come up with a plan to make things more interesting <vbg>.

No comments:

Post a Comment