Monday, March 9, 2015

SF2015: LGRA

Finally J has agreed to take dictation. (but she has already screwed this up . . . we were zipping along with the dictation until I asked her to confirm a call name & she managed to lose ALL my work so far.  Dog-dammit, one just can't get good help these days).  Anyway . . .

I understand from some 'comments' that my fans want a bit more of results.  I'll see what I can do, but I confess J pays more attention to this than I do -- unless I know the dogs well.  This year, she was busy helping to show a few other dogs - Circe for Cyndi Dell in puppy sweeps, Rebel for Lynn Wall, and Pasha for RLynn in BIS as well as Stud; so she didn't do a good job taking notes.

I can say that Neeka & Bejewelled (Ginny Poffinger - likely misspelled) beat Opa! & I in brace class.   Whatever, those 2 are a mother/daughter twin set.  A pair of Mary Menges' big boys were there, too - but I think they felt even more constrained by that short brace lead than I did.  Opa! & I managed to squeeze out 2nd.

oh . . . what?  Who won Best in Show?  Actually I do know this because she's an old friend - well, not OLD; I mean we've been friends for a while - so her win is pretty cool.  She used to live in the PNW & even dated Bados briefly (before they decided they were 'just friends').  NESSA!!! aka Avalon Preakness.  Being Altered, I can't enter (until I am a Veteran) . . . so I admit to liking it when my friends win.

Moving on, yesterday was Lure Coursing.  I already told you that I ROCKED & won Singles.  I congratulate the judges on their wisdom (not confusing my hunting techniques with herding behavior) as well as the lure operator for not trying silly 'tricks' or stopping the lure to 'draw ' me closer.  NOTE:  I know it is not alive; and I know it is on a stringi  Just keep it moving, that keeps it interesting.  You will not 'draw me in' by stopping it.  (snort).

The other winners included Czar for Best Veteran!! 11 yo - I hope J still gets me out there to compete (and to win, of course) when I am 11yo.  Cimarron for FCH, and Picacho for Open & BOB.  He is Avalon but reminds me of a Firebird (like me).

Today was LGRA.  I got to be the test dog, but that was it.  There was a huge rush to get things moving along before it got hot -- so time was limited between programs.  Grr.  Opa! was an FTE, but her career got off to a bad start.  Another FTE (who had run 100% clean to cert) decided she was HOT & ran her off the course.  She was really upset about this &, when they re-ran the race without him, there was some incidental bumping, and she stopped in mid-field.  Basically she slowed to a trot to make sure everyone got well ahead & then cantered to the finish.  She ran in the other races, but really wasn't trying.  She'd start fast then slow to a canter & let everyone pass.  She did improve by the final program (after 2 runs with no bumps), and got the best prize:  a BIG, SOFT TURTLE.  I can't wait to help her unstuffy it.

The winner?  Logan.  No surprise there, even though he is also winning Best Veteran these days.

Wow, I managed to write it all before J pulled the plug -- that's amazing in it's own right these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment