Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Silkenfest 2015: Preparation

My fans may have been wondering why there have been no posts as Silkenfest approaches.
For the past few years I have posted (with J's assistance as my scribe) as we traveled in Ivan the InPhenite Van all across the country to SF.   Last year the trip was short - it was only a few hours away in Olympia, WA.  This year SF is in Florida.  That should be a long trip, right?  Well, not if you are flying.

J is very considerate (she thinks) and wants to limit our flight time & avoid potential baggage handling errors as much as possible; so she is flying direct to ATL.  We are then DRIVING to Florida.  Excuse me?  That is at least 6 hours!  This is pretty ridiculous.  I tried pointing out that Seatac is only 3 hours from Portland.  This means our driving time is twice what it should be.  Grr.

J has argued that flying into ATL will allow us to visit with some of her family on the return.  Well, it will be nice to see my human grandparents, but I've never met her brother, his wife, and their kids.  I might not like them.  AND they have a LAB.  Do you know how annoyingly enthusiastic young Labs are?  And BIG, and probably fat (at least compared to me).  I don't know if I will like that . . .

OK, I got distracted by that side trip.  Back on track to SF2015.
J has been throwing clothes & dog food, & show leads & LC blankets & more clothes, etc into the guest bed room for days.  Today she needs to get her act together & actually put them in a suitcase.  She also has the BadAss Trophy in an enormous box with tons of padding.  She hopes they will let her take it on the plane, but I say it is too big.  Plus the statue has a pointy nose & tail; they might think she could use it as a weapon.

Our flight is not until this evening.  Hopefully it will be smooth sailing!  Or flying, as the case may be.

1 comment: