Monday, May 8, 2017

Hello, fans.   

Silkenfest is again approaching.  Apparently that means I must blog ... it's been a while .... LOL.  Since I generally only post for Silkenfest, it's been roughly a year, but I also posted a bit after Opa! had puppies.  Thank goodness, except for the Possum, the persistent tail biters have moved on to new homes.  Cute, but way too energetic & mouthy.  Possum is OK, I guess.  He will be joining us on our trip to SF2017 ... hmm ... and so will Tiki!?  InPhenite Winsome Tickled Pink is another of Opa!'s puppies; J co-owns her with Iola Stetson.  I think she'll be a good traveling companion ... she can't possibly whine & yip as much as Possum; he can be very irritating in the car or Sprinter.

Since winning Best Altered in Show @ SF2016, I earned the remaining points needed for my ISWS ALCh title.  That was cool.  I have also continued to compete in Singles Lure Coursing -- as my fans know, I have been the top Silken in ASFA Singles for MANY years now ... I have lost count.  

More recently J has been taking Conner & I to Rally sessions.  Sometimes this is fun, sometimes boring ... it can move a bit slow and sometimes they ask us to do silly things .... sit, come front - owner one step back ... take one step front & sit again .. then 2 steps & sit ... then 3 steps & sit.  Seriously??? Why?  That's lots of moving & sitting for no good reason.  

Whatever.  We competed for the 1st time this weekend.  At the 1st competition I earned qualifying scores & came in 4th (Conner got 2nd).  Then they wanted me to compete AGAIN at this boring sport, AGAIN on the same day.  Yeah, right.  I declined to sit.  Period.  I wouldn't even look at her; why should I ... I earned a ribbon, & then, J wanted me to do it all again?  For a ribbon & stuffed pig?  Not likely.
In compromise, I agreed to compete again the next day: 3rd.  Conner earned the blue ribbon (goody 2-paws).  I could win, but it's more fun to keep her guessing.  
Apparently this Rally will be an event at SF2017.  With our 2 recent successes, Conner & I are both poised to earn titles at Silkenfest .... maybe I'll cooperate with J's ambition.

I think we may leave tomorrow for Silkenfest.  Sprinter packing has been going on for 2 days & now Tiki! has joined the pack for the drive (down from Winsome in WA).  I promise to keep my fans posted of any excitement along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment