Wednesday, May 17, 2017

SF2017 ends


Well, fans.  
What can I say?  
There have been no posts about Monday's LGRA or Tuesday's NOTRA.  This is J's fault, of course.  My goal is to post daily while on our Silkenfest journeys, but sometimes I am at the mercy of J's whims (or desire for sleep).  

Whatever,  I don't get to run in these games; so the news is not that interesting anyway.  Opa! gets to run LGRA, but I don't know why .... shoot .... in the 1st program, she stopped shortly before the end to poop, then cantered across the finish.  Well, I guess she wasn't off course.  The most shocking thing is that she didn't win the Turtle Award; somehow she managed enough enthusiasm to pass a veteran in the 3rd program.

Conner gets to race in both events even though he is not terribly speedy (I am faster - no question).  He was middle of the pack in LGRA, but a touch better in NOTRA, finishing in 6th place, I think.  

No big surprise: Sienna won LGRA.  Small surprise: she did not win NOTRA; I guess she was beat after both the ASFA & LGRA wins.  Another of our PNW gang, Pagani, won -- she's pretty speedy, so I guess it's no surprise that she might win.

Although Sienna did not win NOTRA, she still won the Hollywood Iron Hound Prize (top finishes in ASFA, NOTRA, LGRA) & Hollywood Triathlete (Conformation, ASFA, & either LGRA/NOTRA).  

There was also a Hollywood Pentathlete Prize for Conformation & ASFA plus 3 events out of Rally, Obedience, LGRA, or NOTRA.  Shockingly, Conner competed for this & competed well.  In the end, he came in 2nd place to Khan, Opa!'s brother.  That was pretty cool ... it's all in the family (sort of).

After prizes were awarded, we hit the road & drove north.  Tomorrow we'll get home.  I guess that means my work here is done ... until the next big event anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment