Sunday, June 9, 2019

Lure Coursing!  (my favorite).

This was not a terribly successful day for the InPhenite Hounds in terms of placements, but I had a grand time.  J had hoped Possum might earn the last 2 points needed for his FCh; however, Possum’s brainless teenage brain phase seems to persist - his runs were all over the place (honestly they were the least focused I’ve ever seen him do); but he did somehow manage not to be last .... 2nd to last.  Perhaps the roadkill possum we saw driving to the event was an omen r.e. Possum’s performance today ....  Don & Hutsie Brown’s Rocky won the Open Stakes.

Conner had nice runs, but the competition was steep, and he tied for NBQ (5th) - J forfeited this without a runoff to another of the Brown’s dogs.  Uncharacteristic of her, but she doesn’t want to tire him with 2 more Pentathlon events to go. (Conformation, Rally/Obedience, Lure coursing are now done;  both straight & oval racing are still tomorrow & Tuesday).  He & Khan (who just beat him for title 2yrs ago) are neck & neck once again.

As usual Sienna won FCh Stakes; Pagani won Veteran Stakes.  It looked close, but Rocky managed to win the Best of Breed run.  

The Best of Breed run was excellent, but it’s not my style.  I run in Singles because I don’t really see why I should just blindly chase plastic bags  ... I use my head; honestly it’s not that hard to figure out where it’s gping; and it always comes back(i understand string theory).  The judges didn’t get it - not on the 1st run anyway- and gave me similar scores some dogs that simply quit. When I stop, I am NOT quitting. I am stalking & planing a later attack.  The 2nd run I included 2 stalking maneuvers ... a lightbulb went on & the judges gave me qualifying scores, but not enough to offset their poor scores from the 1st run.    Those judges will do better next time, I think, but some are harder to train than others

No comments:

Post a Comment