Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Sunny but boring


After the long day yesterday, I was ready to make an early start today.  Compared to crossing the mountains, this interstate is very straight; and without yesterday’s wind ... no problem.  Keith needed coffee, but I was willing be 1st driver.  How hard can straight driving be?  (Little Harley is always in a rush, maybe he could have been in charge of the gas pedal?).  Sigh.  The humans declined my offer of assistance.

To placate me, J did let me play back seat driver from the sofa for a bit, but with the excessively straight highway for HOURS, I grew bored & agreed to retire to the crate.

 When we did stop, I’d like to say nice things about our campsite, but there wasn’t one  - a ‘campsite’, I mean.  We just parked alongside semi-trucks.  Well, there WAS a strip of grass .... see I can look on the bright side if I put my mind to it.  Tomorrow we should arrive at Silkenfest - paws crossed.  

1 comment:

  1. Heavens, Gita. None of this bright side stuff...we expect better of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete