Friday, June 7, 2019

Well, it's been an interesting couple of days ...

1st I apologize to my fans for missing a day.  Until google or Apple comes up with a paws friendly keypad, I must rely on J, and she gets busy or distracted & fails to keep her priorities straight (#1 = me, and my fans, of course)

To summarize:  the drive from Indiana truck stop was not long, but along the way we did learn that we should have pushed another 3/4hr to Ohio .... MUCH nicer truck stop.  Massage chairs & more grass.

Lots of bah-blah-blah stuff after that; human socializing & what not. We did get to romp on the tennis courts for a bit, but nothing too exciting.

J tried to get a rental van (so Keith needn't move his RV for LC & racing); this nearly fried her brain, I hope she'll fully recover.  Neither of us is impressed with a specific national chain with businesses in a several towns in the area. Why? You call the number for the nearest branch, make a reservation, ask to arrange pick-up - WAIT, let's transfer the call to them.  OK, but then that nearby office says "sorry, we have no vans available" ... but J had already just made a reservation.  How do you make a reservation when you have no vans???? What size cars do they have available??? NONE.  OK ..... Let's try this again.  Call the company # back - explain that they rented a non-existent vehicle ... ask for the call to be transferred directly to the next closest town in order to confirm availability.  Done (we think) .  They said they could get her a van the next day.  J gets driven to the neighboring town: Surpise!  no vehicle, no reservation - & "no" they HAD NOT SPOKEN WITH HER the day before.(???)  But they did see her with a reservation for today back at the original, closer Sandusky facility (that had had no vehicles available,) but this van would not get there until 5pm from a 3rd neighboring town rental agency.   I feared her head might explode .....

To try & summarize - I would appear all these small town are managed by the Sandusky office & they move cars around .... but it is still mysterious where they found a van that they had not had the day before & why no one was able to communicate what physical location her vehicle would be at - and not until 5pm.

This really put a damper on a lovely Rally day where Conner got a Qualifying score & new Rally title; Possum's brain imploded & he forgot everything he had ever been taught (including his name) - I think a 'hot' bitch is across the hall from us - perhaps that explains his idiocy, but who knows; she was not in the Rally facility.  Then in my class, I completely messed with J's head by starting with a couple lovely sits before completely ignoring her; the carpet had many interesting aromas.

Honestly had I known the car rental fiasco was developing, I wouldn't have tortured her so ... OK, maybe I would have ....

Oh, and I won my Sweepstakes Veteran Bitch class, but could not defeat Tootsie for Veteran Bitch.  Bitch (but I guess she does still 'have IT' .... bitch).

Tomorrow I am 10yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment