Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life in Portland

Hello, World.
Life back in Portland is so boring compared to life on the road.  I am looking forward to some more road trips and hope they happen soon.
J says that there is one next weekend to a UKC show, but I don't really like shows.  Most of the day is spent sitting in  crate or pen.  You have to stand still for a long time, let strangers poke you, and then trot about in circles.  I much prefer coursing & lure practices.  Sigh. That's OK, we will probably stay overnight at the "Stetson Inn", aka Lego & Patty's place.  Patty is so much fun to play with now that she is half-way grown up.  She is as tall as me now.

I did get to go out on one excursion this week, but it was not very exciting.  J let me come with them to Luka's appointment for chemotherapy.  I am their moral support.  The vet tech & receptionist always give us treats, and Luka won't take hers or drops them so I get extras.
Luka's treatment got cancelled again because her white count is still too low.  No one is sure why it has not fully bounced  back after her last chemo.  It has been more than a month now.  J is worried both about Luka & about scheduling more appointments.  The clinic hours are limited, & J's work schedule is not that flexible.  She ends up volunteering to work extra overnight call so that she has the next day off, but this is exhausting and she can't always make schedule changes that work with the available appointments.  Anyway, Luka seems to feel OK even if she doesn't play as much as she used to.  Besides, when she does play, J stops her from running; she is afraid the bad leg might break.

That's all for now.  Hopefully, I 'll have more interesting stuff to report on next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment