Sunday, June 3, 2012

SF Coursing!

What fun!  Today I finally got a chance to show my stuff.
We had to start 1 hour ear;her than originally posted because they 'double-booked' the field with kid's soccer from 1PM.  I had never been to a coursing event that managed to end by 1PM; this seemed unlikely with an ISWS record field) of around 50 dogs.  I could be wrong on specifics, but there were 13 singles, 3 'flights' of at least 10 dogs in open, 2 Field Champions, and several Veterans.  3 flights! That's a lot of dogs!
I ran Singles.  The class is a mix between dogs that course well - but - like to push others for the lure (interference).  I think I ran OK.  After the prelim, I heard the lure operator complimenting my focus despite my creative approach.  I am proud to say I got NBQ - these were judges with an open mind!

One dog certified this morning.  Bella.  She is Canadian, but she is a speedy, focused girl.  She went on to win flight #1 leaving Bados in 2nd place.  He had coursed well, but thinks she is too cute for him to worry about not winning.
At some point,  think I knew who who had won the other flights, but I have forgotten.  After all I was locked in Ivan & his pen.  J would not let me watch.  Veteran winner was Czar, and FCh winner was Gilbert (Barb F, & Michelle 's dog;- a big improvement over his II performance which had ended in a dismissal.
To top this all off, Gilbert went on to win BoB!  WOW, that is huge.

From there we went back to the hotel.  We got treated with popcorn & sandwich meats by J's sister, Mom, & nephew.  They talked about taking us for a walk, but we ended up stuck in our room.  J picked up our ribbons.  It was cool to see J's Mom and to meet her sister & nephew.  Another walk would have been fun.
There was a performance vet speaking after the awards.  J was very impressed; she got references for someone in OR to check out Mintz's foot.

That is all.  After winning that big ribbon, I am tired.  More to follow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment