Saturday, June 9, 2012

Last long drive

I did not blog on my birthday.  I was 3 yo yesterday.  Happy Birthday to my other Starry siblings.

We got an early start to drive from Ogden to Redmond, Oregon.
J got off the interstate shortly after leaving Idaho.  This took us through some beautiful landscape via John Day & Dayville by the Fossil Beds.  There was no traffic so we made great time and managed to beat Rob in arriving with Luka, Mintz, and Appley from Portland.  He had had to work until early afternoon.  It was great to see them all, especially Luka.  She appears to be doing as well as when we left.  There is some fur growing back where she had the radiation burn & her tail looks OK, too.  It is just hairless near where they had to amputate the end.  Hopefully that hair will grow back as well.
Our friend Lucy & her owner Brian joined us for dinner; they live in Bend.

Today we walked up to 'the pasture' in Eagle Crest Resort where they had had an off leash area, but they have turned this back into a horse pasture.  We could not play there.  Even better though, J took us to her lot near the Deschuttes River.  We always get to play off leash there.  Bados & I had a blast rough housing and running up & down the dirt path along the river.  Mintz took an inadvertent dip in the water when wading.  He hadn't realized it drops off pretty fast.  We went down to the ford where there is no drop off.  Luka waded in & lay down as usual.  It was a good day!

This will conclude my daily travel blog, I think.  From now on I will try for weekly blogs on Sunday nights.  That way I can report on weekend events.

I'd better remind J to wish my siblings a happy belated birthday on the wind hounds list . . .

1 comment:

  1. Of course I have a "why-wouldn't-they-worship-me attitude". I am a super spy and a movie star. I can open zippers, child-proof caps, & small coolers. I even understand "String Theory". These are big accomplishments for a 3yr old!
    Thank you both for the compliment. : )

    ReplyDelete