Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kisses

What's wrong with kisses?
J tells me some humans have issues with this.  Whatever.  People kiss each other, right? It's a sign of affection . . .  plus it can be tasty if the person happens to be sweaty.
Kissing can also be a game; I can make J or Rob squeal if I get my tongue inside their mouths.  It's worth a grin to try at least. : )

J's Dad (Papa John) is a little bit of a germ-a-phobe.  He won't let his wife take a sip out of his glass.  This is pretty silly - assuming that they kiss (as spouses usually do); they already share oral germs.  On the positive side, he is good with their Wire-haired Pointers.  Papa John and his wife are both dog lovers, but I am not certain the dogs get kisses.  I doubt he'd like if I snuck in a french kiss - but I do think he'd laugh once the shock wore off.   I guess being 100% acceptance of dog kisses does not seem to be a requirement for being a good pup-parent, but the person can't be bitter if it 'happens'.

Mintz (our household Greyhound) is a huge licker, but a discreet kisser.  Licking & kissing are not exactly the same.  He loves to lick sweaty legs.  These are BIG, sloppy, persistent licks.  But when he kisses a person, it is a light tongue tap of the person's nose - occasionally this kiss might get the lips, but it is not a french kiss.  Neither J nor Rob shriek if this happens; usually they smile.

Bados is not a big kisser of people, but he does sort of kiss us dogs.  He nibbles at our cheeks.  I think it's a bit odd.

Tomorrow J needs to finish packing before going to work overnight.  In theory we are leaving as soon as she gets off work Tuesday morning.  Then we start 3 LONG days of driving.
I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment