Sunday, June 16, 2013

Some Silkenfest results

Well, now there is so much to write about I can't remember all that I wanted to comment on!

I guess I'll start with the Specialty show since that is what most people are interested in.  Unfortunately J neglected to write in her catalog so I can only report the BISS & BOS.  Sasha (Kristull Arcadia by Tangaloor) won BOS.  Our pal & traveling companion, Rio (Allagante Mystic Topaz) moved up out of Veteran's class to win BISS.
Of course, then the judge had to judge him again in Companion.  Maybe the judge feared getting serious backlash (having put up an Altered Dog) if he were to like me even more than Rio, because he didn't even look at me.  (I was the only other Companion entry).  Anyway, Rio won Best Companion, too.  Damn it; I know I can beat him sometimes (that would have rocked!), but I am conflicted because it is too cool that an Altered won SF - maybe I'll do that someday after I'm a Veteran.  He really is a Wonderdog.

Writing 1st with the specialty was slightly 'bass ackwards' because the UKC Silken classes actually started 1st and conflicted with Best in Group.  That was why I missed much of the specialty show.  I had beat Rio for Altered BoB (different judges, different opinions) and had to race back inside for the Group while the Specialty show was starting.  I won UKC Best Altered in Group (again) and then had to run back for SF which was in the furthest ring away.  At the end of the day I ran back to the UKC show again for Altered BiS.  Unfortunately, I find the show collar really itchy & wanted to scratch my neck when the judge asked J to take me around.  She would not let me; so I decided to roll.  That's really the best way to scratch.  J scooped me back on my feet, and we finished the trot around.  But the judge was not impressed.  No BiS for me.

Also in the Saturday UKC show, the results were similar to Friday with a few differences.
For the girls, WindNSatin Bells V Legend won Puppy (not Dina who had won friday), WindNSatin Notorious won Junior, and Kristull Arcadia by Tangaloor again won Adult and went onto win best Female.
For the boys: WindNSatin Fairy Legend won Puppy; Legend NHigh Cotton V WindNSatin won Junior, WindNSatin Aint Misbehavin won Intermediate, and Kristull Jaromir won Adult.  WinNSatin Aint Misbehavin, who had been friday's Reserve, won Best Male & went onto win Best of Winners.
Kristull Twyla won Best of Champions.  Gryffyn's Aeyrie Empire won Best GrCh & BoB.

Today was Lure Coursing, my favorite.  J asked Iola to video my runs & set up the camera, but they were moving along quickly; and Iola FORGOT to video my 2nd run.  Grrr; it was the better of the 2.  I doubt J will have enough to make a movie for my fans.  In addition, the judges lacked adequate imagination to appreciate my style.  They did not give me qualifying scores (FINE!), and I was the only single.  No winner.  : (  The judges did select me for the "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" Award - but I know it's just a little thing J sponsors.

For Open, Halle won; followed by Tootsie, then Nike, then Zephyr in 4th.  NBQ was either Orchid or Oberon.  They were tied, & one forfeited, but I am not sure which.

For FCh, Bados, my BadAss housemate, won; then Aspen; then Hunter; then Sergei in 4th & Vixen as NBQ.

Rio the Wonderdog won Veteran over Czar then Sasha and then Dash in 4th.

BOB?  Halle.  It was a great run by all 3, but she ran truest & had good stamina.

I feel compelled that all the winners are riding in Ivan the InPhenite Van with me.  Maybe Ivan is magic, but maybe not: I did not get qualifying scores.

Tomorrow is racing, but I don't think J will let me run.  Damn it!

  (this photo is from last year, not today - but it seems appropriate)


No comments:

Post a Comment