Saturday, June 8, 2013

Let the Games begin!

Hello, Fans.
I must apologize for the long hiatus.  Not much happens in rainy Oregon over the winter, and once I had stopped blogging it was hard to get started again.  Luckily, I have good motivation.  For example,

(1) Today is my BIRTHDAY!  I am 4 years young.  My face has gotten very grey, but that doesn't mean anything.  Happy Birthday to my Starlit Flight Litter siblings.  I got to go play at Allagante & chase the lure; plus I got some lamb with dinner.

(2) We leave soon for SILKENFEST.  Yeah!  Today J & Karen worked on packing Ivan the InPhenite Van with all sorts of supplies.  Crates, cushions, racing gear, coursing gear, folding chairs, x-pens, dog food, human snacks, show 'stuff'.  The list goes on & on but the humans have not even included their luggage yet - although there is a designated area for this in the "pod".

I will try to post everyday on the trip, but I do not promise it.  I rely on J for typing, and she has been known to refuse after a long driving day.  We'll see; I can be pretty convincing.

Last weekend would have been a good time to start posting.  We coursed down at Cottage Grove.  For those who do not know me:  I know that this is plastic bags on a string.  I've coursed a rabbit (wow!). That's not the same game, but this can be fun, too.  I just play it my way.  Sometimes you can figure out where the lure will be pulled if you study the field; then I can lie in wait!  J enters me in singles because she is afraid I'll confuse the competition . . . OK, or push them out of my way.
If I am confusing you, just search for my Agent Gita videos on youtube.

Anyway, the judges do not always understand, but I have a following.  I heard some people say they had to come watch me when it was my turn & got a round of applause after my 2nd run on Sunday.  These judges were insightful and gave me qualifying scores on both runs both days.  Since the only other singles either did not run or only ran once, I won the Singles Stakes on Saturday & Sunday; but for me that is not the point.

Bados (my housemate) ran in FCh Stakes.  He won that stakes both days (and says I should not admit he was the only entrant on Sunday).  But he flaked for Best of Breed.  It's hard to win BoB when you take a huge short cut.  He's torn between coursing 'properly' and following my lead.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment