Monday, June 17, 2013

SF Racing

Well today was straight racing at Silkenfest.
Blah, blah, blah.  Not so exciting for me; I rarely get to race.  People get upset if I snap at another dog - just saying "back off; that lure is MINE".  Whatever.  It's not like I've bitten anyone.  Oh, well.  I entertained myself by breaking out of the enclosure J set up.  Twice.

For the races,  I think there were like 23 dogs there.  Oberon won, of course, then Alex, Sergei, Hunter, and Halle rounded out the top 5.  Halle was also BOS.  She's a speedster.  Bados was 6th; with roll down points he finished his LGRA Championship.  He's so proud of himself.  Aspen was Best Veteran; Dasher was "Valiant Effort".  His people got a giant stuffed turtle & turtle slippers.  Yes, they look like turtles.

A fun surprise for me came when Czar's dad, Mike Leach, announced performance awards for the last year.  Yeah, Bados got his #2 ASFA LC spot; but I was TOP Silken Singles courser.  J whines about the judges not giving me qualifying scores half the time (or maybe more), but how can it be so bad if I still topped the charts.  When I am good, I must be very good.  Teehee.

After the racing was done, the driving began.  I thought they'd never stop.  We are somewhere in Missouri and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment