Friday, June 14, 2013

Silkenfest & the UKC Premier

Today was the 1st day of Silkenfest & day 2 (I think) of the UKC Premier.  Last night was the "Top 10" invitational.  Tootsie (who lives in the Pacific Northwest up in WA) was in it, but she was very tired and did not show well.
Handsome Pasha won.  He's pretty hot.  If I weren't spayed . . .  Sigh.  (On the bright side, I never have to miss an event because I go into heat.)

Last night we did not get in until 9:30; then it took forever for J, Karen, & Lydia to get Ivan unpacked.  It was probably midnight by the time they turned out the lights.  This morning J woke us up before 7AM!  Ugh.  That is before 4AM at home in Oregon!!!  Even though we did nothing at all for 3 days in the car, I am exhausted.  Plus my GI tract is not back to 100%, but I feel much better than last week.

In the UKC shows, there were lots of Silkens.
Rebel aka WindNSatin Fairy Legend won Puppy Male  (and went on to BEST Male)
Cotton aka Legend N'High Cotton v WindNSatin won Junior Male
while WindNSatin Aint Misbehavin won Intermediate Male.
WindNSatin sure had a good day.

For bitches, Dina aka Cool Run Winsome Blondine (who now lives in WA with Tootsie) won best puppy; and my pal, Maggie, aka Elessars Sugar Magnolia, won Junior Female.  Sasha aka Kristull Arcadia by Tangaloor won adult female.  Dina went on to win Best Female as well as Best of Winners.

Next came the Champion class . . .  who won best???  My good friend, Patty aka Winsome Peppermint Patty.  I am so happy for her.  It is hard to remember she had a bad injury as a puppy.  Iola took such good care of her.  This win was SUPER; and it gets even better.

Ajax aka Gryffyn's Walkin' to Memphis won Grand Champion, but Patty won BoB AND later won Sighthound Group 1.  Strong work, Girlfriend.

I took Best Altered Champion (defeating Rio the WonderDog - does that mean I am Gita the WonderBitch as well as Agent Gita SuperSpy and SmartAss Bitch?  Am I wonderfullest?  I think so.
Then I went on to win Altered BoB - OK, Rio & I were the only 2 Silken Altered, but there were other Altereds competing in many other breeds.  I also won Sighthound Group 1st,
I was too pooped to pop by the time it came for BIS.  That was a tough class.  For my efforts I got 2 pretty rosettes, a fancy Premier medallion, a spray bottle, and Pukka's Promise - another book by the man that wrote Merle's Door, a book that made J cry.

I apologize for completely missing the results of the Sweepstakes.  This overlapped the UKC BiS competition; I was distracted.  I also apologize if I made any errors on the results reporting.  J collected that info; it would be her fault.

I am tired.  Goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment