Thursday, June 13, 2013

To Kalamazoo

Today was the final long driving day.  I'm too tired to write much.

We got up early to drive a few hours to Des Moines where Venus met her new family.  We met them at a La Quinta.  They had driven down from their Arabian farm to collect her & stayed the night there.  I think it was a good omen when we parked next to a camper in the parking lot &, after phoning to let them know we had arrived, they were waiting in this/their camper.  Venus was very nervous but was warming up to them before we left.

From then on it was LOTS of time in the car.  Less than the days before, but it seemed like forever.  I was in a stacked crate.  I think this gives me wobbly legs when it's time to get out; maybe it vibrates a bit more.

Honestly, I can't think of anything else to say.  We got here too late to check things out at the Baymont (the main hotel); I think most people are staying there, but J was feeling cheap & picked the Travelodge.  

Anyway, all the activities begins tomorrow.  We will start with UKC shows and then Silkenfest sweepstakes are in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment