Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Home Sweet Home

I guess I should post one last time for Silkenfest 2016.

Monday after the racing, Rob & J decided to make a concerted effort at finding a REALLY good Texas dining experience.  Rob had been cursed at restaurants . . . bringing the wrong entree, not having what he ordered (& forgetting to tell him & get an alternative order), etc.

They came back smelling extraordinary . . . it was the intoxicating aroma of smoked meat.  Our meal had been in NO WAY comparable.  J had fed us 'the usual'.   However, have I mentioned that Rob is a soft touch?  He snuck us a sample of the beef "shoulder clod".  WOW.  Tasty, tasty.  I wanted more, but neither Conner nor Opa! would share their bites.  (http://www.lockhartsmokehouse.com/plano-directions.html).
J says she 'honored' us dogs by ordering the Noble Rey's "Off the Leash" beer; Keith, the human with Dior (Opa's Dad), drank 3-legged Lab Stout - but we are not Labs.  Hmph.

On Tuesday we came home.  I guess the trip was uneventful, but we were at the airport forever (IMHO), and it took forever for Rob to get the van from parking (IMHO).   Once finally home; I had to put up with Wicka's crazy over-excitement at seeing us again.  OMG - we were only gone a few days.

In summary, it was a successful trip.  Although I decided to have some fun rather than repeat my Silkenfest LC Singles win (settling for 2nd),  I did make history by winning ISWS's 1st offered Silkenfest conformation Altered BIS.
My work here is done; perhaps I should retire . . .
Just kidding!  I plan to attend Silkenfest next year & continue to show everyone how it's done -- well, ow it SHOULD be done (IM-not so-HO).


No comments:

Post a Comment