Monday, March 21, 2016

Silkenfest Lure Coursing (one day late)

OK, so Saturday was the beauty pageant (which I won - at least the 'Altered' competition), but I only reported on this yesterday.  Yesterday was Lure Coursing, and I will report on it today.

I did not win Singles again.  Sorry, fans.  I could not restrain myself.  I ran the prelims more conventionally than my usual - hell, it was cold - I just wanted to keep moving.  My scores were great . . . but I could tell that my audience was somewhat disappointed.  People, who should be warming up their own hounds,  don't linger by the field just to see me run like other dogs.  They want to see a little flare.  In the finals I did not disappoint.  I declined to run into the far field, but waited by the line for the lure to return to me; I also moved into it's path along the 'homestretch' for a 'stalk & kill' maneuver.  What fun!

My scores were not good, but not dismal either (some judges have no imagination, but this set seemed to 'get it').  From that point on, it was up to the competition to do their best.  I had left open an opportunity for defeat.  Ah, well, Wyeth answered the challenge with enough skill to beat my combined score.  Singles #1 = Wyeth; #2 me, Agent Gita.

For the rest of the competition, (Open, FCh,  Veteran) there were many good runs.  Opa! did not contribute to this, but Conner did.  Her 1st & only run was a mess.  Lots of bumping after the start, and some more serious fault from one of the hound.  That one hound was dismissed; Opa! was excused for the day.  Silly girl.

Conner's runs were better and looked pretty good to me (as 'conventional' runs go), but they did not score fabulously.  He still managed to be 6th in Open.  Sienna won this, of course.  She runs like I might if I didn't like to add the creativity.  The Field Champion Stakes was won by Cartier - last year's top ASFA Silken; and Enzo edged out Tootsie for Veteran.

And the winner is . . . . ? Sienna.  She's a hot shit, right now.

I guess I can throw in the basics of today's LGRA results.  Whatever,  J won't let me compete (Bitch).
To summarize: Matt Cortez's Nova won, followed by Logan (also High Score Vet), then Pippin (High Score Altered), followed by Sienna.  Conner - the goofy boy whose enthusiasm is excessive to the point of ridiculous - was down at 12 or 13, but out of 31 entries, so that is not so bad.

Finally, there was that Texas Tough Triathlon: Best in all 3 events over the weekend - the 'all-around hound' . . . . it turned out a Pacific Northwest Sweep:
#4 Conner (InPhenite's own dufus -- well, THAT was a SURPRISE)
#3 Pagani
#2 Moon . . . & #1?
Sienna, our little regional hot shit.




2 comments: