Sunday, March 13, 2016

Vacation before Silkenfest?

Yesterday was a good day.   
J has taken Opa!, Conner, Wicka, & I over to central Oregon, perhaps as a treat since we behaved ourselves at that vet visit or perhaps she's 'paying it forward' for good behavior at Silkenfest.  Anyway, yesterday we went for a "walk" by the Deschutes River.  I say "walk" in quotes but, really, very little walking is involved.  We get to be off-leash most of the time so that "walk" might as well be "run".  There are rarely other humans; it's on private property with escarpment on one side & river on the other (yes, there is also fence - but far from the path/trail).   It's basically a free for all.  
Wicka (stupid little Greyhound) can be a pain in the ass. She's FAST & never agrees to be the bunny.   However, when I climb into the split tree, she can't get to me.  I can also turn faster than her; then she looks bit stupid chasing in the wrong direction. <snort>

 In contrast, today is BORING.  It has rained on & off; and the wind is gusting like crazy.  We were supposed to have lure practice with Cayman, Kam, Garis, & Shiner (I hear there's a new pup with them, too); but the humans wimped out on us.  So here we sit and sit and sit.  At least no one is trying to kick me out of my leather chair.   I know I used to share it with Bados; but we grew up together.  Sometimes I miss the dope - but don't tell anyone I said that.
So that's today:  BORING, BORING, boring; and she brushed my teeth.  Bleh,  bleh.  That's one more clue that Silkenfest is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment