Friday, March 18, 2016

SF Begins.

Today was the 1st day of Silkenfest 2016.  It was an easy, if boring, day for me.  I got to chill in our x-pen & watch.   Conner & Opa! both went to "Health Testing".  I expected both to be miserable about this -- and neither was happy when it was their turn to go, bu both were pretty mellow when returning . . . .hmm. . . . well, although - yes - Opa! had to cope with blood draw & a heart exam - both got cold laser therapy on some recent "aches & pains".  Fine.  No TLC for little old me.  Whatever.

In addition to "health testing", the Sweepstakes were today.  Czar -- who won last year's BadAss Trophy won Best Veteran, and Storm, one of our California girlfriends, won Best Opposite.  Best Puppy in Sweeps was won by Quinni - who I hadn't met before.  He's a Texan pup (Victor  & R.Lynn Shell).  Eliza (our pal Tazer's, housemate) won Best Opposite Sex puppy.

After the Sweeps, we went with Dior & Opa!'s brother, Khan, to Oracle Farm.  Some land owned by their friend's in LA.  We got to blow off steam in one of the fields.  Conner decided to play in the mud.  This did not please J.  He looked like a black footed ferret with mud up to his ankles.  LOL. He got to get a second bath.

That's kind of it for the day.  Nothing exciting for me personally, but nothing particularly irksome either.  Whatever.
Tomorrow is a "big day" for altered Silkens.  The 1st Silkenfest since they started the Altered Championship program.  J says that the competition is steep, & I need my beauty sleep.  I haven't decided if care yet.  It could fun to win; but it could also be fun to mess with J's brain a little bit . . . make her work for it.   I'll let you know what I decide.

2 comments:

  1. Go get 'em-your beauty will cover for any sly antics that inventive brain might slip in lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun at the farm - I wish we could have been there to see you:)

    ReplyDelete