Sunday, March 20, 2016

Silkenfest Conformation Day

OK, so this post is a day late & many already learned the results form posts by Lydia (Rio the WonderDog's human), but I feel compelled to chime in.  All of my fans may not be in one of the Windhounds' Facebook groups.
The show started with baby puppies.  I suppose they are cute, but SO childish.  I declined to watch & have no idea who won.  I'm sure Lydia posted this if you really want to know.

Next on the Agenda was the Altered Conformation competition.  This is a new thing for ISWS; they've always had "Companion" classes (I've won these many, MANY times), but there was no Championship track for Altereds.  Once we started competing with UKC - which does have Altered Championships and Grand Championships - & once dogs like my pal Ziggy & I started competing in these classes & earning the titles.  ISWS' "Companion" class did not hold the same panache it once did.  Anyway, ISWS stepped up to the plate & there is now an Altered Ch track for me to compete in.

They start with the boys.  The competition there was pretty steep.  It included Zephyr in Open, Rio the WonderDog, (who has many skills & who had even won Silkenfest via the Veteran's class in Kalamazoo), Ziggy (the 1st Silken UKC ALGrCH), and goofy Conner (my housemate - who had recently won a triad of UKC Altered Best in Multibreed Show's at his 1st UKC event.  Shocking, I know).  Anyway, lo & behold: Conner won AL Winners Dog.  Well, knock me over with a feather . . .  Rio was 2nd & Ziggy, 3rd.

Ok, my turn:  There was also steep competition among us bitches.  2 newbies, Saratoga & Piper, were in Novice (I forget which won); and Open included steep competition. Fudge, Tru & Breezy (both UKC ALChs & sisters of my deceased housemate, Bados), and me, of course.    What can I say, . . . the British judge was a very sharp woman (Gill Grist), I won AL Winners Bitch.

Let's see . . . I'll do a real quick summary of the Regular big stuff . . .
What?? Best Altered in the show?  Well, me, of course.  What did you expect?  J had tried to stack the deck in Conner's favor, I think, by having Jane Taylor show him -- Jane's highly skilled at this -- but Conner is a dufus & too ridiculous.  They had to switch back because he was kind of losing it (Momma's boy).  Anyway, just to show J who is in charge (me), I did not pull any tricks on Jane; so I won.  No problem.

Ok, my quick summary:
Best Puppy: Celeste (same dad as my housemate Opa! & sister to Wesley, who J co-owns)
Veteran Dog:  my 1/2 brother, Dmitri
Veteran Bitch & Best Veteran:  our friend, Tootsie
Winners Dog: Diamond; Reserve:  our friend, Moon
Best Opposite Sex: the ever handsome Wyeth
Awards of Merit:  Our friends Taser & Tootsie (again); Marshmallow Creme, Deuce, & Cooper
Winners Bitch & Best of Breed:  Zee -- aka Winsome Zenyatta at Attaway

That's enough for now.  I'll leave Lure coursing results until tomorrow & combine it with racing; I don't straight race in any case.


2 comments:

  1. I knew you would win, you're a lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a lady who would love more opportunity to take down live hare, but a lady all the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete