Friday, March 11, 2016

Silkenfest 2016: The countdown begins

FYI:  It must be getting close to Silkenfest 2016.  
This year our attending Silkenfest will involve a plane ride to Texas.  More often we drive.  When driving, Ivan the InPhenite Van will start getting cleaned up, & stuff gets reorganized in the Ivan.  Those are early clues; but since we are flying, I haven't had such clues this year.  
So, you wonder, how do I know that Silkenfest is getting close?  
There are other clues.
"J" took Conner, Opa!, and I to the vet.  Just the 3 of us . . . that's suspicious activity.  We are all healthy.  No Greyhounds joined us.  Wicka, the skinny Prima Donna Greyhound goes on lots of excursions; but "J" did not bring her to the vet this time.  Appley (the 4th household Silken) did not join us either, but he's more of a home body.  Occasionally he'll show in Veterans', but he's retired from racing, has never lure coursed, and really prefers not to be out in crowds.  
Plus the vet shot Bordetella oral vaccine down my throat.  Ick, gag.  This definitely suggests that Opa!, Conner, & I are going to be around many other dogs.  

So what do you think?  The 3 younger Silkens that still compete in both shows & performance events get a check-up & vaccinations up-dated -- but not the Greyhounds?    We must be going to "The Show", aka Silkenfest 2016.   I DO have my #1 Singles title to defend; PLUS this is the 1st year that Altered dogs are competing on an ISWS Ch track.  That's a big deal.

I won't start blogging every day, but I promise to have my eyes open & my ears pricked for clues.  My fans will be the 1st to hear when I have more Silkenfest news!

No comments:

Post a Comment