Monday, June 13, 2022

Some Like it Hot?

 Well, some may like it hot, but not this hot. J hardly took me out of the RV at all, but I’m OK with that.  She ran Spec in ASFA Singles today but opted not to run Possum or Phyn in ASFA FCh today, too, which was both odd & not - because ASFA is our favorite event, but those last 2 have been running like idiots.  Honestly, I try to tell Possum & Phyn how to play the game ‘properly’ or ‘improperly’ or ‘with style’ (imo), but neither has my panache.  Sp3c actually ran quite well, shocker!  

Due to the extreme heat, the event was halted before Finals; but -on the positive side- awards were given based the Prelims.  That gave Spec the High Score Singles win.  I’m including the pic, but the TaterTot has a habit of getting bad photos.


That was all Monday, today was supposed to be NOTRA Oval Racing.  For better or worse that was canceled due to the National Weather Service Heat Advisory.  I’m OK with that.  I’ve always thought running in circles was stupid; I KNOW where the lure is going.  Why run around?  It’s easier to cut across.

Oh, well.  Keith & J are getting ready to pack up & start the long journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment