Friday, May 30, 2014

SF Begins

SF begins - but I would not say with a bang.  From my perspective its more off with a whimper, but that's just me.
After a quick walk this morning, J left us back in the hotel room.  She had to man the Hospitality Table for people arriving & collecting their welcome bags.  They also displayed the poster about the BadAss Trophy & the pottery for the raffles.  (or so I am told).
Simultaneously the obedience & rally competitions were happening in the ballroom, but we did not get to watch this.  We only got to watch the pool man skimming the pool that is outside our window.  BORING.
From boring things moved to unpleasant, J returned to the room & dashed us across to the 'torture chamber' in the suite with the Silken Store.  Appley's breeder, Alison was there.  They poked me Opa! & I with needles to draw blood (Thyroid tests, or so they say).  In any case, Opa! was a quivering mess, but I stared down them down & revealed NO secrets.
Did J reward us then?  No.  Back to the room for Appley & I, and Opa! was taken for water torture.  Appley & I were bathed a few days ago, and J decided this was adequate, but poor Opa! was not so lucky.  She got all soaped up, rinsed, and dried.  She looks like a silly fluff ball now.

Opa! went with J to a lecture on reproduction.  I guess J thought it was good for her to learn about this stuff as Opa! is intact.  I didn't have to go since parenthood is not in my future.
After the lecture J set up our crates & x-pens in the conformation ballroom. Apparently human snacks are available as well; J made dinner of it & socialized while we continued to be bored to tears in the hotel room.
Later we did get to send some time with Shelby, Mocha, & Cartier at their room; and then too a walk around the hotel grounds to chat with other Silkenfolk.  That was fun - but it took  along time for us to get there.
J is falling to sleep with the laptop in her lap.  I guess I should let her go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment