Saturday, May 31, 2014

Showtime!

Today was the BIG day for the Silkenfest Beauty Pageant.  Everyone had baths & looked spiffy; even the humans.   Of course, I realize that you want to know all the winners, but I am not a reporter.  I will leave that to one of the humans who actually care about such things.  I will only comment on the Companion Classes (which usually get the short shrift), and Opa!'s ridiculous performance - because I enjoy giving her grief.
I do have to laugh; J dutifully wrote all the placements into her catalogue - in case I might want to comment, I suppose; but then she left it in the ballroom when packing up our supplies.  ROFL.

In Companion Dog, Appley surprised both J & I by placing 2nd!  My pal, Moto, won (as usual) - but I have no idea how Appley managed to beat Dove & Semi.  He is such a timid goofball when 'on display' - but he did manage to pull himself together well enough to move nicely when asked.  I'm shocked; he usually keeps looking back at the dogs behind him or on the sidelines which interferes with his stride.

As usual, I won Best Companion Bitch.  I confess to being less confident about this today because I had not competed against Lexi before.  She is a lithe little thing, but I pulled it off.  In the Best Companion competition, I got distracted by my show color itching & kept trying to scratch.  What can I say?  Moto won Best Companion - leaving me as Best Opposite.  That's OK; we tend to alternate this title.  It was probably his turn anyway.

Opa!?  She did nicely in Puppy Sweeps placing a strong 2nd.  A few people gave J a few handling tips so she was feeling good about the actual show class.  Unfortunately, Opa! was not so sure about the judge.  She looked great up to the "down & back" . . . but basically she only did the "down".  She would NOT come any further than 1/2 way back towards the judge.  Perhaps she hadn't liked that the judge examined her teeth so studiously.  J tried several times to get her moving, but she put on the brakes every time.  How juvenile.  Obviously she did not win.

Oh, well.  That's all for now.  We are both exhausted & must get ready for tomorrow's event.
Until next time! And i hope the human reporters post the full results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment