Friday, May 30, 2014

To Silkenfest

Today InPhenite journeyed from Oregon to Olympia, WA.  Appley & Opa! are with me; J is our chauffeur.  It was not a long drive ~2 hours; but we had to hang out in the car & later on our too while J helped stuff welcome bags & put in some social time for herself; that was OK.

I think that I have determined the cause of our security breech & blog 'block'.  J sent the wrong link to one of the windhound lists that receives my blogs.  This was to my 'work page' not the  'published' page.  Sometimes I think I should hire a better typist/soft ware tech . . . but J's services are free, and she is a loyal supplicant.

MANY of our pals are here, and J is excited to see some of her friends as well.  There are people from all over the US - CA, AZ, CO, TX, NY, and more.  We also have British Commonwealth representatives in attendance.  I'll practice my bark accents while here.

Sigh.

I feel like I should have more happy, excited news about Silkenfest, but - honestly -  I am sad today.  I learned of the death of one of my friends from OFC.  Ivy.  She was quite the live coursing superstar.  We had competed together on several occasions.  If SmartAss bitches can have a role model - she was one for me.  She had a leiomyosarcoma - very rare & with no symptoms until very advanced.  Too sad, I will snuggle close to J tonight, but I'll also send healing vibes to Joyce, Ivy's human.

God speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment