Friday, June 8, 2018

It's my party

Hello, fans.

(music playing in background)
"It's my party, & I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to ...."

or NOT.  Because I am Agent Gita, the SmartAss Bitch, and it is my birthday.

Today started with a Rally Competition.  J had been skimpy on breakfast.  That is a clue; she wants me interested in treats ... the possibility of treats ... Not that I don't like treats, but I don't like to be manipulated either .... I can play that game, too.

In Rally Competition, there is much sitting.  Sit when you get to a cone, do some maneuver, sit again, lie down, sit, turn sit, take a step, sit, two steps sit, etc, etc.  Variations on the theme are endless,  ... It's a basic skill, so you can really fuck with your human by refusing it.  So I did.

I started perfect ... turns, fast walk, swivel around cones ... but then I would not sit ... & would not make eye contact, ignored pleading & other ridiculous (embarrassing) games J used to try & engage me - HAH - I was 'engaged'; I just play my own games.  (talk to the paw!).
J decided I persist despite my declining to put smart ass on the ground, just skipping those exercises (actually, I'll give her points for that - not just quitting - even though my refusal to sit made a qualifying score impossible).  To top off my performance, as we approached the finish cone, I rushed past her, came front, & SAT.  There was much laughter from the crowd ....
This earned me no ribbons, but I'd say I won that 'round'.

Later in the day J had me in the Veterans Sweepstakes.  I turned 9yo today ... how did that happen?
Anyway, the competition in my class (7-10yo) was STEEP - among others, this included Breezy (my Bados' sister) & Nessa, who won BEST-IN-SHOW at Silkenfest a few years ago.  I considered my options - and, when J was asked to go around, paused to scratch my neck, considering .... then I lifted my head & MOVED .... beautifully .... because I can.   When the judge pointed to her to move me forward (into 1st place), I thought J might faint, but she swooped me into her arms for a big hug & many kisses.

I did not win Best Veteran overall ... Tootsie was there - a past Pacific Northwest conformation superstar & prior SF BIS - she was also Winsome kennel's foundation bitch ... Jane Taylor's superstar .... and I liked Jane, whose health issues have taken her from us .... In the TX Silkenfest Jane showed me to Silkenfest Altered Best in Show (J was showing her Conner).  I may be the SmartAss Bitch, but I like that Tootsie beat me, beat all of the Veterans - for Jane.  Honestly, many humans were crying.  Also cool, with the exception of Czar (best >13yo male), all class winners had come from the PNW.

Oh, & when we got home, J fed me an extra round of raw chicken & beef
(not a pic from today, but I think I look hot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment