Thursday, June 7, 2018

We've arrived at Silkenfest

Finally the diving is done for a few days.  We have arrived at the host hotel in Missouri.  The rooms are big, but have lots of office desk, TV, cabinets, etc  leaving almost no room for crates. Not that I plan to spend much time in a crate, but sometimes this BS is asked of me.  Also I am sharing the room with younger dogs, these (especially boys) can be tedious ... a crate can be a refuge from such BS.

Compared to earlier days, this was a short drive.  Plus we got a break in the middle. We stopped to visit with Wicka's (our Greyhound packmate's) breeder near KS City. They let us hang out in the yard while J fawned over Greyhound puppies (note: all puppies are cute; get over it)

From there it was not far to Gray summit, MO.  There was a meet & greet at the hotel.  J went on her own initially, but then brought me out to appease my fans.  I saw peeps from TX, CO, NY, NJ, TN, NC, CA and other states. it was HOT out there - I lost track of where everyone was from.

Tomorrow are Rally & Veteran Sweepstakes competition; I compete in both .... and I turn 9yo TOMORROW.  Wow, 9yo.  That's not so old for Silkens, but it sounds old.  Hopefully J has something special planned ... she forgot to post for Opa!'s birthday -- Starfyre Rock Hound Litter (June 2nd); Opa! didn't even get a pig ear or bully stick.  If I weren't posting, would J forget my Bday too?  We'll never know.

 I plan to put my age to shame when we lure course, but have not yet decided on the proper 'persona' for Rally or Veteran Sweeps Conformation ... coy, crotchety, indignant ... We'll see.

1 comment: